Our objectives are achieved by:
Visits from speakers.
- Delivering careers lessons.
- Arranging work experience.
- Having a careers fair where students have the opportunity to meet local and national employers and universities.
- Liaising with the Positive Steps who employ and provide our careers advisors.
- Encouraging students to use recommended websites to find the latest information on training, employment, apprenticeships, Further Education and Higher Education.
In Years 8 and 9
Students are entitled to:
- A term per year of dedicated tutorial lessons on careers activities regarding self-awareness, different types of careers and action planning.
- An introduction to the library and the careers area.
- Access to recommended careers software.
- Help when your child chooses their Key Stage 4 options.
- Help on choosing their work experience work in Year 10/Y11
- Time after progress updates for reviewing current progress and target setting.
- Attending a careers fair.